ICG and iSMARTi are issuing a global call for the best technical papers on transportation infrastructure developed by December 31, 2022, to be presented and exhibited at the 5-ICTI-Virtual “International Conference on Transportation Infrastructure”.
As a result of the excellent technical level of the presentations shown in the 5-ICTI-2022 face-to-face event, the organizing committee calls for its virtual version, in which new topics will be incorporated. The main objective of this virtual version is to expand the call for technical papers, as well as to make an award and international recognition to the best technical papers in 2022 in transportation infrastructure.
The technical articles will be evaluated by the ICTI International Scientific Committee and will define the 13 winners of the best technical article 2022. The top 08 will be published by MDPI in its Journal “Infrastructures” which will submit them for peer review. The technical articles that pass this evaluation will be indexed.
Infrastructures (ISSN 2412-3811, www.mdpi.com/journal/infrastructures); is an international, scientific, peer-reviewed, open-access journal on infrastructures, published monthly online by MDPI. The journal collaborates with the Spanish Road Technology Platform (PTC). Infrastructures are affiliated with the International Society for Maintenance and Rehabilitation of Transport Infrastructure (iSMARTi).
A society dedicated to the subject of maintenance and rehabilitation of infrastructure resources of the transportation system, including highways, airports, roads, tunnels and bridges, railroads, ports, docks, utilities, and multimodal facilities. The society supports different periodic events (conferences, workshops, short courses, and technology synthesis reports), which aim to promote the exchange of knowledge among professionals involved in each of these infrastructure resources.
Instituto de la Construcción y Gerencia (ICG) is a non-profit technical institute dedicated to promoting modern technologies for the development of quality and competitiveness in engineering, construction, and infrastructure projects. ICG has a presence in many Latin American countries and has 25,390 members. It organizes international events and courses to foster development. It is also dedicated to the publication of Manuals, Books, and Standards with an editorial collection of 74 books. Software development is another of its strengths, it has its virtual classroom (since 2007), Standards System, and Virtual Library, among others. It also develops partnerships with Universities, Institutions, and Companies for development.
Topics can be presented in the following specialties:
- Asphalt Pavements
- Concrete Pavements
- Mechanistic-Empirical Pavement Design
- Road Concessions
- Road Maintenance, Rehabilitation, and Management Systems
- Performance Models and Tools
- Performance Modeling and Management Tools
- Road Geometric Design and Tools
- Transportation Safety, Policies, and Applications
- Intelligent Transportation
- Smart Cities and BIM
- Risk Assessment and Mitigation (RIDNAIC)
- The technical articles submitted and approved for the 5th-ICTI-2022, held in person from August 10 to 13, 2022, are included in the contest and 5-ICTI-Virtual.
- Articles will be received according to the established format, the language for submitting technical articles is English and the minimum number of pages is 06.
- Original technical papers may be submitted. Technical papers presented at other events will also be considered (unless they are prevented by an exclusivity agreement or restrictions of the event). Technical papers should not have been previously published or under consideration for publication in any journal.
- Accepted technical papers will be part of the Proceedings of 5-ICTI-2022.
TECHNICAL PAPER CONTEST AWARDS
Winners will receive:
1st Place: “Best Paper Winner”
– Electronic certificate of their achievement.
– Economic Prize US$ 500
– Possibility of publishing the paper free of charge in “Infrastructures” Journal (*)
2nd to 3rd Place: “Best Paper Winner”
– Electronic certificate of achievement.
– Possibility to publish the Paper free of charge in “Infrastructures” Journal (*)
4th to 8th Place
– Possibility to publish the Indexed Paper, free of charge (*), in “Infrastructures” Journal.
9th to 13th Place
– Possibility to publish the Indexed Paper, with 50% discount -USD$ 815- (*), in “Infrastructures” Journal.
(*) The normal cost of the service of publishing an indexed article in the Journal “Infrastructures”, after the normal peer review procedure is US$ 1630 (only for approved articles), the articles will be published before August 13, 2023.
INTERNATIONAL SCIENTIFIC JOURNAL: Infrastructures MDPI
Infrastructures MDPI: international open access scientific journal.
Infrastructures (ISSN 2412-3811, www.mdpi.com/journal/infrastructures) is an international open access scientific journal on research related to all aspects of infrastructure engineering, published monthly online by MDPI. Infrastructures are indexed by ESCI (Web of Science), Scopus, and Inspec (IET). Infrastructures have received a CiteScore (2021 data from Scopus) of 3.4 for the year 2021. The journal is affiliated with the International Society for Transportation Infrastructure Maintenance and Rehabilitation (iSMARTi). It is free to access for readers and offers rapid publication. Manuscripts are peer-reviewed and a first decision is provided to authors approximately 13.8 days after submission; the acceptance process for publication takes approximately 2.7 days (average values for papers published in this journal in the first half of 2022).
For regular practitioners, which are researchers who wish to submit their research to peer review, this service is provided by the journal Infrastructure; after approval, a payment of US$ 1630 is normally required. Everyone has free and unlimited access to the full text of all articles published in MDPI journals. For more information, visit the following website: https://www.mdpi.com/openaccess.
Infrastructure magazine has a staff of experts in the corresponding specialties, which guarantees the quality, impartiality, and rigor of the evaluation.
- 1. Call for papers: Until December 31, 2022.
- 2. Registration of papers approved by the ICTI Committee: Until January 20, 2023.
- 3. Exhibition of registered papers for the ICG Virtual Classroom: Until February 20, 2023.
- 4. Publication of Winners: March 20, 2023.
- 5. MPDI will publish the winning articles in a special journal: on August 13, 2023.
PARTICIPATION AND ACCEPTANCE OF TECHNICAL PAPERS
Technical articles to participate in the Competition and the 5-ICTI-Virtual must:
- Comply with the requirements of the ICTI Technical Paper Format.
- Approval of the technical article by the ICTI Scientific Committee.
- Register for the Event within 03 weeks, after the ICTI Scientific Committee accepted.
To participate in the Competition and the 5-ICTI-Virtual the registration fees are: